Past-E-Mail: Cam Notes - 2005: June: June 24-05: Friday-What'sUP
For messages about today's picture, see Cam Notes.

This area is for other friendly conversation.
Please read our Acceptable Use Policy.

Some other links of recent interest to Pasty Cam watchers:
Ancestors  • NEW ARRIVALS 
Blast from the past: Bird Rescuer
From the Archives
Recent messages posted in older archives

By smf in troll land on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:37 am:


By Susan, Fl on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 05:42 am:

Morning, all you sleepy heads....rise and's gonna be a great day!

By Karen... on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 05:54 am:

What happened to the Pistons last night?

Yep, another warm, rainy day for Florida. Did you folks hear we are having a baby boom down here? Nine months after the hurricanes last summer.

Have a great weekend everyone.

By cal on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 08:27 am:

Pistons Lost. :(

By Lorelei on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 08:31 am:

Hey everyone! Hope to see a lot of you local folks down at the Relay for Life. It starts at 1:00 this afternoon and ends at 1:00 tomorrow. The event takes place at the Houghton High School track. Lots of fun and activities going on. Come and check it out.

By erica florida keys on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 09:33 am:

Good morning all. Rain was predicted for yesterday at 70% but it missed our island. Plenty of the wet stuff in the rest of Florida,however. Beautiful today and only a slight chance of rain at 30% for the Keys.Wish I could be in Calumet July 2nd.

By Margaret, Amarillo TX on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 09:37 am:


By sur5er on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 10:46 am:

Good morning :) One more day until me and my truck cross into beeeeeeeeeeutiful Michigan. Won't be going as far north as I want to...but still, I will be home. I have my strawberry daiquiris mixed and ready to put in my cooler for the trek.
If anyone wants my recipe for strawberry daiquiris, just email me. The recipe can be used with or without alcohol, and can also be used to make frozen daiquiri pops. Perfect way to cool off with the temps as warm as they are today.

By Beverly, San Jose on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 11:13 am:

sur5er: When you travel into Michigan is that pool blown up and filled with water and hubby sitting in the middle of it or is it deflated. One of the funniest things I've seen while driving, a truck in front of me was filled with soapy water and two guys were sitting in it. There was water and bubbles flying all over the place.

By DOT on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 11:23 am:

sur5er, you surely won't be drinking while driving are you?

By sur5er on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 11:52 am:

DOT, nope, won't be drinking while driving...but afterwards is a completely different story. ;)
Beverly, that is too funny about the spa to those are my kind of people. The pool is being left behind with hubby.
Another funny: my friend (who owns the pontoon boat) needed a way for us ladies to mix our drinks while going down the he used the motor from a weed wacker and somehow connected it to a blender. So you're slowly trolling down the lazy river, with loud noises being emitted from the blender. I guess there wasn't enough room on the boat for a generator, eh. :)

By Dave, Appleton on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 01:13 pm:

Looks like the Pasty cam is frozen on yesterday. Can someone give the cam a kick!!!!

By Martha, MI on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 02:40 pm:

Hi. I'm not a regular poster as I live WAY down below, but I am hoping someone can help me. I was a regular visitor to the Soo Locks webcams. I have made no changes to my computer at all, and for the last few weeks when I try to get there, I get a "cannot find server" message. Has anyone else had this problem? The link I use is ~thanks for any help in advance.

By LR on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 02:53 pm:


I just tried the link from and got the same message you did. I looked at the address and there was an 's' after http, I removed the 's' and had no problem.

Try this link.

By LuAnn on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 02:58 pm:

I have sent you an email regarding how to possibly clear up your problem trying to get to the Soo Locks website.

By Steve In South Bend on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 03:51 pm:

I am able to get the Soo Locks web site through the michigan tech web site

By Beverly, San Jose on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 09:09 pm:

FRNash: With all the fires in Arizona, I hope everything is OK with you.

By FRNash/PHX, AZ on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 03:33 pm:

Beverly, San Jose:
All's well in NE Phoenix, with the closest fires about 20-30 miles to tne NNE of here, near Cave Creek, AZ and beyond.

Powered by:  
Join Today!
Each day the Pasty Cam has 2 areas to post messages: 
  • Cam Notes - comments related to today's picture and discussion
  • What'sUP - other topics, conversation and announcements
  • *** Please use the appropriate forum ***
    Here's a list of messages posted in the past 24 hours
    See our guest photo gallery for more great views from the U.P.

    Add a Message

    A user/password combination is now required to post messages to Cam Notes. Registration is free. Click here to register or maintain your I.D.

    Home | Pasty Cam | Contest | Order Now | Bridge Cam | Past-E-Mail | GP Hall of Fame | Making Pasties | Questions