April 2003

Past-E-Mail: PastyMail 2003: April 2003
*** Newer messages appear first.  You may add your message in the current month, or with the daily pictures on the Pasty Cam. ***
Editor's responses are in blue text

By pj, michigan on Thursday, April 24, 2003 - 04:07 pm:

thanks for the info on the waterfalls

By PJ, Michigan on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 03:52 pm:

Hi
I am looking for pics of Jacob's creek waterfall and the upper and lower Hungarian waterfalls. I was curious if anyone knew where I could find some at.

thanks
PJ

PJ, Here's a handy way to find scenes in the Pasty Cam archives: Go to pasty.net, and in the "Google" search box type site:pasty.com and the place you are looking for. Here are some search results:

site:pasty.com jacobs            April 11, 1999

site:pasty.com hungarian            September 14, 2002

There are several other views of Jacobs and Hungarian Falls in the archives if you submit the search for yourself.

By Mary on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 12:28 pm:

AEH:
I just checked MTU's website and it says Spring 2003 Commencement is May 10th (my birthday!)
Here's a link so you can check it yourself:
MTU Academic Calendar

By AEH on Wednesday, April 23, 2003 - 10:16 am:

When are Michigan Tech spring 2003 graduation ceremonies?

By Margret / Ann Arbor, MI on Sunday, April 13, 2003 - 11:44 pm:

In 1958, my Finnish birth mother (whose father was the principal of a school in the UP) tendered my upbringing to a Polish family in the Detroit area, who adopted me. I harbor a fond hope of reconnecting, if mutually desired. In the heavily censored information I managed to get from the probate court, either the nurses made it up or the censors missed my name on the hospital record as Baby Girl Thompson. I live in Ann Arbor now and have a son of my own. Any interest or assistance in communication with my Finnish heritage would truly be a blessing.

By Renee from IL on Tuesday, April 8, 2003 - 04:21 am:

Hi all!
Thanks so much to everyone for the valuable information and links you provided me about digital cameras!! I hope to be contributing to Pasty Cam some time down the road!
Best wishes,
Renee in IL

By Renn from IL on Sunday, April 6, 2003 - 04:09 am:

Hello all!
I am looking for some input from all you Pasty Central photographers out there!! I am shopping for a real good digital camera that can take some nice scenic pictures as well as just shots of family holidays and such. Cost being limited to 1000.00 and under. Any and all suggestions are wlcome. Please let me know why you like a certain camera or why you don't like it. You can email me direct with the info at: N9RK@attbi.com
Thanks in advance for the help!!
I am totally enjoying all the pictures here and hope to submit some of my own after I get my camera as we will be vacationing up that way come this fall!!
Best wishes,
Renee

By brenda kotila new mexico on Tuesday, April 1, 2003 - 01:47 pm:

Brenda from chassell class of 89. Hey Jan and Karen and everyone else I would love to talk at ya'

Check out today's Pasty Cam.